Saturday, June 04, 2005

Thank you, Pocketmouse...

Thanks for the electronic card, it was very sweet. I might have to mail you a hug.

I'm getting pretty excited about starting a new job in a new city. It's strange, though. Even though I am very happy (very happy) about the new job in Souf Cackalacka, and I am even more happy about having the chance to live in Greenville, even for only a few months, I think it still has not sunk in yet that I won't be here anymore. To go out there, and do that, means I won't be here. Now, don't get me wrong: I am glad to leave West Tennessee. Except for Memphis, which I love, West Tenn has never done much for me. I don't know if it's the geography, which is a bit too flat for my liking, or if it's just that this part of Tennessee is so incredibly boring, but I have not loved living here. I don't feel much more connected to this place than when Chauntelle and Rachel and I first came here 5 years ago. It never has spoken to me, not really. So, why is it so hard to believe that we're leaving soon? I don't really know. I guess I grew so accustomed to the boring flatness of the area and the unpleasant shittiness of my job that I began to think we might never leave or do anything different. So, my brain knows we are headed east, and my brain is happy. But deep down, I'm not going to believe it until about midway through week 2. And I'm not going to really believe until later on, when Chauntelle and I empty out the moving van at our new apartment and then celebrate over pulled pork and ribs at Henry's Smokehouse on Wade Hampton Blvd.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?